FINECUT WMC500II 5 AXIS TYPE B4X
Micro Abrasive 5 Axis Waterjet Cutting Machine
High Speed Complex Precision 5 Axis Waterjet Cutting Technology, Ideal For Prototyping
Ideal for prototyping or one-off parts and cutting highly complex shapes, with cutting width down to 0.2 mm. 5-axis cutting with tool center point control and corner optimization by waterjet motion strategy.
- Cutting width down to 0.2 mm
- 3 dimensional cutting
- 5-axis cutting with tool center point control
- High inclination angles and complex shapes
- Perfect for prototyping
Finecut WMC500II 5X type B4X
Beyond Cutting Edge
Please add your contact details
We will email you the datasheet shortly
Finecut Micro abrasive WATERJET Technology
Advantages and Capabilities
Increase Your Productivity, Cutting Speed, Precision, While Doing Complex Cutting.
Ideal for prototyping
Ideal for applications that require complex cutting
3D abrasive cutting capabilities
Cutting 2X as fast, compared to 3 axis cutting
Ultimate taper control and taper elimination
Able to cut materials of almost any kind, both soft and hard materials
Compared to traditional cutting methods, the Finecut waterjet technology has the cutting edge capabilities that combines cutting speed, ultra high precision, and three dimensional cutting with taper elimination, into ONE cutting edge waterjet machine, the Finecut WMC500II 5X B4X
Micro abrasive WATERJET Cutting System – Beyond cutting edge
Precise & Complex Waterjet Cutting
Finecut Waterjet with tiltable nozzle & rotating work piece
This manipulation system has a detachable A-axis. This enables combining the full versatility of filling the 500×500 mm work envelope with parts one day with 3 or 4 axis precision cutting, and then the next day produce highly complex 3D-shaped parts. The A axis has one driven spindle and one support bearing. Both can be fitted with custom made fixturing. As the A-axis can rotate the work piece 360 degrees it is possible to cut helical shapes that involves multiple full revolutions of the work.
The B4X 5-axis waterjet machine facilitates
3D cutting up to ± 45º degrees
Full 360 degrees rotation of cutting head
Tiltable nozzle and rotating work piece
Optional probe for calibration of A axis
A-axis is table-mounted & moves the work piece
Finecut 5X, B4X Waterjet Machining Center
The Finecut 500II type B4X waterjet machining center features an ultra precise motion capability that accurately reproduces the programmed geometry. The Finecut 5.axis waterjet machine has been designed to optimise the part precision to a level much higher than traditional cutting methods.
- Dynamic, high accuracy motion system with linear motors, ultra-high resolution, and thermally stable positional feedback
- Water jet cutting table mechanically attached to the motion equipment for ultimate accuracy.
- Rigidly built machine tool frame
- Easy set-up of machine fixtures for a wide variety of different applications with optional solutions including live fixturing with synchronous motion.
- Software and operators panel developed especially for abrasive waterjet cutting.
Finecut Waterjet Machining Center 500II type B4X
2060L x 1315W x 1750H mm
Fanuc 31i-B5 and ALPHA Servo Drive with Nano Control
Linear motors and zero backlash reduction gears for precise motion
Thermically stable Invar® linear encoders, 50 nm resolution
- Linear servo motor drive on X-Y axes motion
- Precision ballscrew servo drive on Z
- Positioning accuracy*: ± 2.5 µm
- Repeatability*: ± 2 µm
- Typical cutting tolerance ± 10 µm
- According to ISO 230-2
- Max cutting speed: 20 m/min
- Max traverse speed: 40 m/min
- Acceleration: 0.5g (X, Y axes)
Cutting System Option
- Fine Abrasive Waterjet: 0.2 mm, 0.3 mm.
- Abrasive Waterjet: 0.4 mm, 0.5 mm
- Cutting envelope (X, Y, Z): 500 mm x 500 mm x 80 mm
- Fixturing area: 700 mm x 700 mm (max depth 700 mm)
- Machine table size: 900 mm x 900 mm (W x D)
- Back door allows for inserting work pieces
Extra features for B4X
- Work envelope 500 x 500 mm for 3 axis cutting
- Work envelope ca 370 x 200 mm between centers in A-axis fixure depending on fixturing
- ±360º tilting capability on A axis, A axis can be removed when not required
- ±45º tilting capability on B axis (optionally 40º with safety zone)
- Selection to run in 3X+2 rotation axis mode or using 5 axis Tool Center Point (TCP) programming
- Possibility to set up safe zones to prevent tilting jet from damaging fixtures
Speak With A Waterjet Specialist
High Pressure Water Pump
The cutting process is powered by an ultra high pressure intensifier that supplies the waterjet cutting machine with 4.000 bar water pressure with a smooth water pressure profile, and minimum pressure fluctuations. The compressed water, for the waterjet cutting machine, is delivered through high-pressure hard tubing, and the water pressure settings are controlled via the control panel on the Finecut waterjet cutting machine.
If needed, the high pressure water pump can be placed away from the waterjet, in another room, or on another floor.
Our 3 waterjet cutting systems
Depending on material, part complexity and level of miniaturization, our precision cutting can be made with any of our cutting systems that are available in 3 different categories
- Fine / micro abrasive waterjet
- conventional abrasive waterjet
- pure water waterjet
A range of sizes from 0.2 mm to 0.76 mm is available, whereas the larger jet facilitates a greater cutting power.
Complex 3D parts can be cut with an additional servo axes, that manipulates the part synchronously to the cutting motion, in order to provide access for the cutting jet. A variety of innovative fixturing’s solutions can be adopted depending on the part requirements, and if needed you can easy make your own fixtures, using the machines palletized fixturing solutions. This means that for repeat orders, this solution enables you to quickly set up and produce.
The Finecut waterjet machining center can be equipped with several options like:
- Measuring probe
- 5-axis waterjet cutting head
- Turning axis
- Drilling unit
- Vision system
- and more
We constantly develop new options to serve customer needs for efficient production, and all options are retrofittable to existing of the Finecut waterjet machines.
A precision machine for any workshop
The Finecut waterjet cutting system is a compact fully integrated high-precision waterjet cutting machining center. This means that the small footprint (1315 x 2060 x 1750 [LxWxH] mm) makes it is easy and convenient to place in your workshop. The fully encapsulated design keeps water and grit in the waterjet cutting machine, so it can operate alongside your other CNC machines.
Get A Test Cut & Discover our great precision
Taper Elimination & Higher Cutting Speed
By adding 5 axis capability to adjust the approach angle of the jet, the taper in the cut can be compensated and speeds will not need to be reduced more than to meet an adequate surface quality. In other words, you can increase the cutting speeds up to 50% which means a significantly higher throughput in the waterjet machine. As a result, your return of investment will come with advantages in both quality and productivity.
CAM Software IGEMS 5x
Programming of 3D models are significantly more demanding than following 2D contours. But, the IGEMS 5X software makes this task easy and the software is available as an upgrade to the standard IGEMS CAD/CAM/AWJ software.
- Make tool-paths from STEP or IGES files.
- Analyses the geometry to optimise for waterjet cutting.
- Automatic speed calculation depending on thickness and cutting parameters.
- Automatic speed ramping depending on geometry.
- Add bridges and tabs to fixate the part in the material.
Materials That Can Be Cut With Finecut 5-Axis Waterjet System
The Finecut™ WMC 500II 5-Axis waterjet machine is a highly dynamic and fully encapsulated motion system 4 axis cnc waterjet cutting machine that can cut virtually any material with a width down to 0.2 mm.
Always with Finecut
Flexible fixturing for any application
several solutions for different applications and requirements
State Of The Art Machine components
latest technology for high dynamic capacity and accuracy
Additional functions offer practical solutions
great assisting tech for improved automation, setup and handling
High-end support systems from reliable partners
high pressure technologies for enhanced precision and control
User-friendly panel with Finesoft software
easy to use interface for software & operators panel
always gain from the latest technology and innovations